The Hiking for Fitness Series is back! Join us for the 8-week Beginner Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group’s final hike aims for the long route up Vista Trail, where hikers can enjoy the beautiful vistas.
The hiking series costs $80, or free-of-cost for hikers with a recent ParkRx (Sept 2021 or newer) from a Sonoma County Medical Provider. Click here for ParkRx info.
1) Sat 1/1 — White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
2) Sat 1/8 — Meadow-Hillside loop starting and ending at campground, 3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
3) Sat 1/16 — Spring Lake-Lake Ralphine loop 4.3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet at Annadel’s Cobblestone trailhead parking lot. The nearest address is 6024 Channel Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95409]
4) Sat 1/22 — Stern, Pony Gate and Canyon, 3 miles, 500 ft elev [meet @ main lot]
5) Sat 1/29 — Jack London State Historic Park, May’s Clearing loop, 3.7 miles, 430 ft elev [meet @ 2400 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen, CA 95442, upper parking lot]
6) Sat 2/5 — Vista Trail loop (clockwise), 3.6 miles, 700 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
7) Sat 2/12 — Neptune picnic table, 4.3 miles, 640 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
8) Sat 2/19 — Hillside + Vista Trail loop (counter-clockwise), 4.7 miles, 1000 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
Wear appropriate footwear for muddy or slippery trails and layers, as the group hikes in light rains. Bring water, and if desired, a snack. The group will be limited to 35 participants. County Health guidelines will be applicable.