Sonoma Developmental Center’s future is in the community’s hands. To take full advantage of that, all local residents are strongly encouraged to join a Virtual Community Kick-Off for the SDC Specific Plan from now to Saturday, May 2.
Closure of the 860-acre facility has been a multi-layered process, and the latest stage is to develop an SDC Specific Plan. All local residents are asked to join in this official county-led process—even those who already provided input at past meetings.
Here’s how to participate:
- Fill out a short online survey to help organizers better understand the community’s needs. CLICK HERE
- Register for four live webinars this Thursday and Friday featuring expert panelists, where you can share your vision for SDC’s future. CLICK HERE
- Test your SDC knowledge with a fun online quiz. CLICK HERE
- Take a virtual “walking tour” of the beautiful SDC campus. CLICK HERE
More on the webinars (click links to register):
SDC Community Outreach
Thursday, April 30, 1-1:45 p.m. Panelists:
- Linda Blong, Senior Consultant, Public Dialogue Consortium
- John McCaull, Land Acquisition Program Manager, Sonoma Land Trust
SDC Market Conditions
Thursday, April 30, 2-2:45 p.m. Panelists:
- Kevin Feeney, Principal, Keyser Marston Associates, Inc.
- Robert Upton, Principal, Campus Properties; Real estate Development and Consulting
- Kelso Barnett, Real Estate Development and Brokerage Consulting
SDC Site Ecology
Friday, May 1, 1-1:45 p.m. Panelists:
- John Baas, Senior Open Space Planner, WRA, Inc.
- Richard Dale, Executive Director, Sonoma Ecology Center
SDC Historic Preservation
Friday, May 1, 2-2:45 p.m. Panelists:
- Ruth Todd, Principal, Page & Turnbull
- Gregg Montgomery, Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Glen Ellen Historical Society
- Teresa Murphy, Glen Ellen Historical Society, 45-year State of California employee and former Administrator of the Sonoma Developmental Center facility
- Charlie Mikulik, Glen Ellen Historical Society Board of Directors and Cultural Resources Specialist