Sonoma Ecology Center’s Summer Science Camp provides children with the opportunity to learn about science and connect with nature through hands-on, interactive experiments, explorations, and adventures. Campers make new friends, develop new skills, and learn more about the local flora and fauna of Sonoma Valley. Each camp theme is rich in science content, eco-friendly arts & crafts, fun games, and healthy snacks.
SEC’s Science Camp is a camp that parents can trust—we have trained educators and support staff to ensure a positive, meaningful, memorable learning experience that is fun! Kids who have attended SEC Summer Science Camp have developed life-long interests in science, nature, and the outdoors. Their positive experiences with science help them with their studies during the school year.
We believe every child deserves the opportunity to attend summer camp. Sonoma Ecology Center is committed to keeping the magical experience of science camp available to all youth, regardless of socio-economic status. It is our hope that every child who wishes to enroll in Sonoma Ecology Center’s Summer Science Camp will be able to do so. With your donation, you can help low-income families in the Sonoma Valley region send their kids to camp with scholarships. Your donation also ensures that our science-based outdoor educational camps can continue to thrive year after year.
Here’s how your donation could help:
- $1000 could supply campers with new science equipment like binoculars, hand-lenses, water quality test kits, field guides, and more.
- $500 could provide partial scholarship assistance for up to eight low-income campers.
- $265 covers a full scholarship for a low-income child to attend a week-long camp session.
- $100 could provide campers with healthy, local, organic fruit and vegetable snacks.
Sonoma Ecology Center’s Summer Science Camps are so special because they:
- take place in two beautiful natural locations: Sonoma Garden Park and Sugarloaf Ridge State Park;
- are led by highly trained educators and support staff with expertise (and enthusiasm!) in science and outdoor education;
- build upon local, place-based science curriculum developed by Sonoma Ecology Center for use in Sonoma Valley schools;
- build community: over 250 families from Sonoma Valley and beyond have participated over the last three years. Many children return year after year. They LOVE our camps and look forward to participating in them.
Thank you for considering a donation to our Summer Science Camp fund!
To make a donation:
- Please click here – https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/sonomaecologycenter
- Enter the dollar amount of your donation, and choose payment method (either credit card or PayPal)
- Please select designation: Camp Scholarship
We are now also accepting donations in the form of supplies for camp! If you have something on our wish list you would like to give, please contact Holland Gistelli at email@example.com
Camp Wish list
- Shade structures- easy-ups, large fabric or tarps, sun shades, etc.
- Healthy snacks for campers (minimal packaging appreciated)
- Small terra cotta planting pots
- Pint or half pint canning jars and lids
- Plain canvas/cotton bags for fabric printing
- Kids’ water shoes
- Fish or butterfly nets
- Hemp cord/ natural twine
- Wood “cookies”—flat rounds of wood cut from branches to make medallions for art
- Rolls of butcher paper