The Hiking for Fitness Series is back! Join us for the Beginner Hiking for Fitness program, where the leaders will guide you on a series of 8 weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group’s final hike aims for the long route up Vista Trail, where hikers can enjoy the beautiful vistas.
The following is a list of possible routes specifically selected for this hiking series:
1) Sat 1/7 — White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
2) Sat 1/14 – Lower Bald & Creekside loop, 1 mile, 115 ft elev [meet @ main lot]
3) Sat 1/21 — Hillside-Meadow loop starting and ending at campground, 3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
4) Sat 1/28 – Jack London State Historic Park, May’s Clearing loop, 3.7 miles, 430 ft elev [meet @ 2400 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen, CA 95442, upper parking lot]
5) Sat 2/4 – Stern, Pony Gate and Canyon, 3 miles, 500 ft elev [meet @ main lot]
6) Sat 2/11 – Brushy Peaks to Neptune picnic table, 4.3 miles, 640 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
7) Sat 2/18 – Sonoma Valley Regional Park loop, 4.6, miles, 531 ft elev [meet at Valley of the Moon Trailhead on Arnold Dr.]
8) Sat 2/25 – Hillside + Vista Trail loop (counter-clockwise), 4.7 miles, 1000 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
Please note these routes are subject to change. Wear appropriate footwear for muddy or slippery trails and layers, as the group hikes in light rains. Bring at least a quart of water, and if desired, a snack. The group will be limited to 35 participants.
The hiking series costs $80, or free-of-cost for participants with a December 2022 ParkRx from a Sonoma County Medical Provider. Click here for ParkRx info. The number of available ParkRx tickets is limited; please have your ParkRx ready at the time of sign up.