If you have previously completed the Beginner Hiking for Fitness Program, or can hike a little more than 4 miles with at least 1,000 ft of elevation, this series is for you! The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Leaders will have group discussions about gear, hydration, hiking poles, first aid and pacing, etc. The group’s final hike aims for Bald Mountain, where hikers can enjoy stunning vistas.
The following is a list of possible routes specifically selected for this hiking series:
1) Sat 7/8 — Waterfall loop, 2.7 miles, 720 ft elevation [meet @ main lot]
2) Sat 7/15 – Vista Trail loop, 3.4 miles, 830 ft elevation [meet @ White Barn]
3) Sat 7/22 – Goodspeed to Nattkemper bench, 3.8 miles, 1,240 ft elevation [meet @ Goodspeed lot]
4) Sat 7/29 – Hillside/Brushy Peaks to Neptune table, 4.4 miles, 970 ft elevation [meet @ White Barn]
5) Sat 8/5 – Hillside & Vista Trail loop counter-clockwise, 3.6 miles, 1,070 ft elevation [meet @ White Barn]
6) Sat 8/12 – Fern Lake- Orchard loop in SDC/Jack London SHP, 5.5 miles, 1,460 ft elevation [meet @ Walnut & North St inside SDC; park on Grove St]
7) Sat 8/19 – False Lake Meadow & Lake Ilsanjo loop in Trionne-Annadel SP, 5.9 miles, 1,090 ft elevation [meet @ Annadel’s Cobblestone Trailhead]
8) Sat 8/26 – Bald Mtn summit (w/optional Headwaters detour, 5.8 miles), 5 miles, 1,670 ft elevation [meet @ White Barn]
Please note these routes are subject to change based on the group and weather. Wear appropriate footwear for rocky or slippery trails, and layers. Bring water, and if desired, a snack. The group will be limited to 35 participants.
The Hiking series costs $80 (plus a $10 parking fee per visit. Note that the Sugarloaf Annual Pass is $59 and valid at Sugarloaf and Jack London SHP), or free-of-cost for hikers with a June 2023 or newer Park Rx from a participating Sonoma County Medical Provider. Click here for Park Rx info. To sign up with a Park Rx, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your Park Rx available at the time of sign-up, as the number of Park Rx tickets is limited and you will be asked to turn in a copy at the time of registration.
For more events at Sugarloaf, visit our calendar.