6/12/20 UPDATE: OUR NEW START DATE FOR THIS EVENT IS 6/27/20.
5/17/2020 UPDATE: This event has been postponed again. New date TBD.
Please join us for an 8-week BEGINNING Hiking for Fitness Program. The program leaders will guide you on a series of weekly hikes with the challenge increasing each week. Before the first hike, the leader will discuss proper shoes, hydration, incorporating hiking poles, proper pacing, etc. The group’s final hike aims for the long route up Vista Trail, where hikers can enjoy the beautiful vistas.
The Hiking series costs $80, or free (including free parking on Sugarloaf hikes) for hikers with a 2019 or newer ParkRx from a Sonoma County Medical Provider. Click here for ParkRx info.
1) Sat 6/27–White Barn to Uranus, 2.2 miles, 80 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
2) Sat 7/4–Meadow Hillside loop starting and ending at campground, 3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
3) Sat 7/11–Spring Lake/Lake Ralphine loop 4.3 miles, 250 ft elev [meet @ Cobblestone trailhead parking lot: 6024 Channel Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95409]
4) Sat 7/18–Stern Pony Gate and Canyon, Stern Road 3 miles, 500 ft elev [meet @ main lot]
5) Sat 7/25–Jack London Park, May’s Clearing loop, 3.7 miles, 430 ft elev [meet @ 2400 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen, CA 95442, upper parking lot]
6) Sat 8/1–Vista Trail loop (clockwise), 3.6 miles, 700 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
7) Sat 8/8–Neptune picnic table, 4.3 miles, 640 ft elev [meet @ white barn]
8) Sat 8/15–Hillside + Vista Trail loop (counter-clockwise), 4.7 miles, 1000 ft elev [meet @ white barn]